From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50182402
- Date: 16 March 2009
- Public Authority: Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Summary: The complainant requested from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) a copy of the report prepared by DCMS for the Culture Secretary on a potential bid for the 2012 Olympics. DCMS refused to disclose a copy of the report under section 35(1) (a) ‘formulation or development of government policy’. The Commissioner has investigated and found that section 35(1) (a) is engaged and that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosure of the information. However, the Commissioner also found that DCMS breached the requirements of section 17(1) and 17(3) of the Act as the refusal notice was issued outside of twenty working days.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions