From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50218809
- Date: 31 March 2010
- Public Authority: Electoral Commission
- Summary: The complainant submitted a request to the Electoral Office of Northern Ireland (“the EONI”) for information relating to the names of the substitutes that Assembly candidates have nominated for the Northern Ireland Assembly (‘the Assembly’). The EONI considered that the requested information was exempt under sections 38(1) (Health & Safety) and 40(2) (Personal Information) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’). The Commissioner considered that EONI applied section 40(2) correctly to the information which was requested. The Commissioner therefore did not consider the application of the exemption at section 38(2) of the Act The Commissioner has found that the EONI failed to comply with section 17(1) (a)(b)(c) and 17(7) of the Act. The Commissioner finds that there are no further steps to be taken in this matter.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions