From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50212107
- Date: 14 April 2010
- Public Authority: Financial Services Authority
- Summary: The complainant requested information from the Financial Services Authority (FSA) on cases where a regulated firm had amended or withdrawn a financial promotion after discussions with or intervention by the FSA. The FSA refused to disclose any of the requested information by virtue of the exemption in section 31 (law enforcement) of the Act and in addition stated the exemption in section 44 (‘prohibitions on disclosure’) applied to some of the requested information. During the course of the Commissioner’s investigation the FSA added that the exemption at section 43 (commercial interests) applied to all of the requested information. The Commissioner has investigated and found that all of the requested information was exempt by virtue of section 44 of the Act. In view of this finding the Commissioner has not considered the application of sections 31 or 43 to the requested information.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 44 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions