From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50197501
- Date: 29 June 2009
- Public Authority: Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Summary: The complainant made a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the “Act”) to the Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (the “Trust”) for specific information relating to a counter-fraud investigation into a named doctor. The Trust confirmed or denied whether it held that information under section 1(1)(a) of the Act. After considering the case, the Commissioner’s decision is that the Trust was excluded even from its duty to respond to the request under section 1(1)(a) by virtue of the provisions of section 40(5)(b)(i) because, in responding to the request, it had to disclose information which constitutes sensitive personal data of the named doctor. The Commissioner does not require the Trust to take any further steps in relation to the complainant’s request.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions