From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50179473
- Date: 18 November 2009
- Public Authority: Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Summary: The complainant requested various pieces of information from the DVLA regarding its Continuous Registration (CR) scheme. The DVLA stated that sections 12 and 14 of the Act did not require it to comply with the request. Following the Commissioner’s intervention, the DVLA provided some information but maintained its position that it had correctly applied sections 12 and 14 of the Act and that it was not required to comply with the request. The DVLA also stated that it did not hold some of the requested information. The Commissioner’s view is that the DVLA applied sections 12 and 14 of the Act correctly and that, based on the balance of probabilities, it does not hold the remainder of the requested information. The Commissioner found that the DVLA breached section 1(1)(a) of the Act but requires no steps to be taken. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 12 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 14 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions