From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50128888
- Date: 23 December 2009
- Public Authority: Charity Commission
- Summary: The complainant requested information from the Charity Commission relating to an investigation carried out by a Receiver and Manager appointed by the Charity Commission into the financial affairs of two registered charities. The Charity Commission did not hold some of the requested information, provided the complainant with some, and refused to disclose the remainder (“the withheld information”) on the grounds that it considered it to be exempt under sections 31, 40, 41 and 43 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act). It later made representations to the Commissioner that it considered the withheld information to be exempt under sections 32(2)(a) and 32(2)(b) of the Act. The Commissioner concluded that all of the withheld information was exempt under sections 32(2)(a) and (b). However, in handling this request the Commissioner has also concluded that the public authority failed to provide a refusal notice compliant with sections 17(1)(b), 17(1)(c) and 17(3) of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 32 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions