From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50121354
- Date: 18 February 2008
- Public Authority: Health and Safety Executive
- Summary: The complainant asked the Health and Safety Executive (the “HSE”) for information about an analysis of a report of an investigation carried out into a potentially fatal accident on a building site. HSE refused to disclose the analysis under the exemption contained in section 30(1) of the Act. The Commissioner found that section 30 was engaged but concluded that the public interest in maintaining the exemption was outweighed by the public interest in disclosure. The Commissioner also found that HSE’s refusal notice had not complied with the requirements of section 17(7) of the Act. The Commissioner requires HSE to disclose the withheld information within 35 calendar days from the date of this notice.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 30 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions