From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50101728
- Date: 19 November 2007
- Public Authority: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Summary: The complainant asked the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) whether it held information about supplies and/or stockpiles of anthrax held abroad. FCO refused to confirm or deny that it held such information, citing the exemptions in sections 23(5) and 24(2) of the Act. The Commissioner upheld the refusal of the request, having concluded that FCO was entitled to rely on both sections of the Act and that, as regards section 24(2), in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exclusion of the duty to confirm or deny outweighed the public interest in disclosing whether FCO held the information.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 23 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 24 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions