From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0154695
- Date: 10 December 2009
- Public Authority: Department of the Environment (NI)
- Summary: The complainant requested from the Environment and Heritage Service, an agency within the Department of the Environment (Northern Ireland), copies of all documentation in respect of the complainant’s landfill site. The Commissioner is satisfied that the information which was withheld from disclosure by the Department is environmental information which falls to be considered under the EIR. The Commissioner’s decision is that the Department was entitled to refuse to provide the withheld information on the basis that the withheld information was exempt under regulation 12(4)(e) of the EIR as the information is comprised of internal communications and the public interest in maintaining the exception under regulation 12(4)(e) outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information. In failing to provide the complainant with notice of its decision in response to the representations of the complainant under regulation 11(1) of the EIR, within the appropriate time period, that is no later than forty days after the date of receipt of those representations, the Department has failed to comply with regulation 11(4) of the EIR.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 11(4) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 12(4)(e) - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions