From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Around 10% of requests to Central Government are made through WhatDoTheyKnow.com.
- over 5,000 public bodies have been added to the site, mainly by volunteers
- the site has been described as "an idiot's guide to making an freedom of information request." http://www.guardian.co.uk/government-computing-network/2011/jul/21/skunkworks-whitehall-dick-vinegar?INTCMP=SRCH
- Daily Telegraph best green websites - ranked number 2 
- New Media Awards - Democracy in Action Finalists 2008 
- New Media Awards - Innovation Winner 2008 
The ICO advises information professionals to: "Check out websites and blogs that cover freedom of information issues, such as www.whatdotheyknow.com, ..."