Joint authority (1985)
From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
FOIA Schedule I Part II includes:
- 19 - A joint authority established under Part IV of the Local Government Act 1985 (fire and rescue services and transport).
- for each metropolitan county a body corporate to be known by the name of that county with the addition of the words “Fire and Civil Defence Authority”. The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 changed their names to "Fire and Rescue Authority". These are the fire and rescue authorities for their counties.
- for each metropolitan county a body corporate to be known by the name of that county with the addition of the words “Passenger Transport Authority”. The Local Transport Act 2008 changed "Passenger" to "Integrated":
- Greater Manchester Integrated Transport Authority (abolished by SI 2011/908)
- Merseyside Integrated Transport Authority
- South Yorkshire Integrated Transport Authority
- Tyne and Wear Integrated Transport Authority
- West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority
- West Yorkshire Integrated Transport Authority