From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50262410
- Date: 17 February 2010
- Public Authority: Hartlepool Borough Council
- Summary: The complainant requested information concerning the Council’s purchase of a block of properties. He wanted to ensure that the relevant individuals who sold them had been fully compensated. He requested the details of the sellers, the address of the property, the amount paid for the property and the amount paid in compensation. The Council originally applied sections 21, 41 and 43. It upheld its application of section 21 in its internal review. During the Commissioner’s investigation further information was released, leaving only the individual amounts of compensation and the details of the sellers outstanding. The complainant then agreed to withdraw his complaint about the details of the sellers, but still wished to acquire the amount of compensation paid against each property. The public authority then agreed to provide a list of the addresses with a tick against those for which it had paid compensation. For the remaining information (the amount paid in compensation to each property owner), the Commissioner has found that section 40(2) was applied correctly. He did not go on to consider section 41(1). He did find procedural breaches of sections 1(1)(b), 10(1) 17(1) 17(1)(b) and 17(1)(c), but requires no remedial steps to be taken in this case. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions