Jump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50194063
- Date: 1 March 2010
- Public Authority: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Summary: The complainant requested the submissions the UK made to an EU strategy paper entitled ‘Global Europe: Competing in the World’. The public authority explained that it did not make any formal written submissions, but the content of the paper was discussed at two meetings at which UK representatives were present and informal notes of these meetings were held. The public authority therefore explained that it considered these two meeting notes to fall within the scope of the complainant’s request, however it considered these notes to be exempt from disclosure on the basis of section 35(1)(a) (formulation and development of government policy) and the public interest favoured maintaining the exemption. The Commissioner has concluded that although the information falls within the scope of section 35(1)(a) the public interest in maintaining the exemption does not outweigh the public interest in disclosing the information. The Commissioner has therefore ordered the public authority to disclose the two meeting notes.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions