Jump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50187314
- Date: 9 March 2009
- Public Authority: Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Summary: The complainant made a request to the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform for information on the number of freedom of information requests it had ongoing; a description of each request; and, for requests submitted by organisations, the name of each organisation. The public authority provided the complainant with a list of requests it had received which were ongoing, as per the request. However the public authority refused to disclose the name of a special interest group that had submitted one of the requests that featured in the list. The public authority explained that the request was made in confidence and that therefore the information was exempt under section 41 of the Act (information provided in confidence). The Commissioner has investigated the complaint and has upheld the public authority’s application of the section 41(1) exemption. However, the Commissioner also found that the public authority breached section 10(1) (time for compliance with request) in its handling of the request but requires no steps to be taken.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions