FOIA Section 22A Exemption
From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
What the law might say
- (1) Information obtained in the course of, or derived from, a programme of research is exempt information if—
- (a) the programme is continuing with a view to the publication, by a public authority or any other person, of a report of the research (whether or not including a statement of that information), and
- (b) disclosure of the information under this Act before the date of publication would, or would be likely to, prejudice—
- (i) the programme,
- (ii) the interests of any individual participating in the programme,
- (iii) the interests of the authority which holds the information, or
- (iv) the interests of the authority mentioned in paragraph (a) (if it is a different authority from that which holds the information).
- (2) The duty to confirm or deny does not arise in relation to information which is (or if it were held by the public authority would be) exempt information by virtue of subsection (1) if, or to the extent that, compliance with section 1(1)(a) would, or would be likely to, prejudice any of the matters mentioned in subsection (1)(b).