From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
My FOI requests
- Common wdtk support responses
- How publication schemes could be improved
- Adapting WDTK for New Zealand
- Adapting WDTK for Ireland
- UK Border Agency standard email reply
- Local Authority FOI statistics
- ICO policy documents: Line to Take
- WDTK refusals due to copyright/re-use regs
- Note to self: Data for NHS orgs - practices & codes
- FOI repository websites
- First-Tier Tribunal (Information Rights) current cases
- WhatDoTheyKnow - How to make a FOI request
Trying out Semantic Mediawiki stuff
- I installed the Semantic Bundle for Mediawiki to:
- host local non-PDF copies of the ICO & IT decision text & metadata. Google isn't allowed to spider the IT website decisions...
- be able to automatically re-use this data in other pages (eg the FOIA Exemption pages) using Functions
- ICO decisions can now be directly linked to, eg:
- 30/04 - now have a form to add in decisions: Form:DNSummaryBox
- 30/04 - and a category for them: Category:ICO_Decision_Notice
- 01/05 - they're now all uploaded, but Special:ImportCSV doesn't seem to support importing multiple templates which means that only 1 decision has been added. may look to denormalise relationship between DN & 1-many Decisions, ie into single template.
- 01/05 - ick. re-generated all the ICO data as xml, but found a bug in ImportXml (due to way it implements php's xml_set_character_data_handler and it barfs on ampersands "&" in the XML....
- DNFindingLookup - page to hold DNFinding > DNSubFinding mappings to make searches easier
- 03/05 - more bugs found in the importxml - it skips long strings, £ signs, etc... Leaving it as it is for the time being (I've reported the bugs to the dev) - the only thing wrong with the ICO data loaded is the Summary text. All the rest is OK, so good enough for searches & display of the main case data on other screens.
- 05/05 - have discovered that CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE privilege required for bits of SMW... Checking with hosting co if they can grant. (see Special:UnusedProperties for example of error message. This causes problems with searching by sub-property or sub-category...
- 06/05 - http://www.web-mania.com support have come up trumps and have granted me the privs :-) Sub-properties now included in FOI Exemption pages.
- 15/05 - re-imported ICO DNs via ImportCSV, using the workaround specified here. This fixed the Date bug & the truncation issues.
- TODO NOW
- need exemption pages for EIR & add in decisions - nearly done
- page to introduce the ICO DNs
- add links to other relevant ICO decisions for other FOI clauses (eg s19, 16) etc which aren't specific exemptions, and there have been DNs for these. Done: 16, 17, 19. Todo: 6, 9, 45, 50, 13, 11, 10, 1.
- include a source reference & link to copyright / re-use statement
- TODO NEXT
- Information Tribunal cases
- links between appeals on foiwiki & their assoc WDTK requests, meta-requests
- links from appeals to WDTK requests made from non-related people asking for info released from decision, eg Ganesh, Matthew Davis, etc.
- TODO LATER
- SIC cases
- Court of session cases
- Full text (ie non-PDF) of ICO cases
- template should be top-left aligned
- look to format template dates to dd/mm/yyyy rather than d M Y
- "partly upheld" (are there other non-standard ones? no) - add to infobox template & highlight as such
- bug in EIR 12(3) DNs - the P doesn't appear for FER0184525 - seemed to resolve itself...
- findings to be rolled up correctly in #ask search eg 14.1 > 14.
- give max last_updated date for when DNs were uploaded/added to foiwiki
- re-populate data to fix decision_summary truncated data & date bug fixes
- fix date bug - decision notice dates dd/mm/yyyy (d/m/Y) are being silently converted to M d Y in some cases eg 12/05/2008 => 5 December 2008. Workaround seems to be to re-import the dates in Excel format d mmmm yyyy eg "2 June 2010" - dates get correctly parsed.
- Search redirects for joint/multiple DNs - eg create redirects from FER0098306 and FER0098307 to FER0098306/7