From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50155386
- Date: 19 February 2008
- Public Authority: Devon County Council
- Summary: The complainant requested information on the commission payments made by investment managers on behalf of Devon County Council (“the Council”). The Council claimed that the information was exempt on the basis that the exemptions in section 43(2) (commercial interests) and section 41 (information held in confidence) applied. The Commissioner's decision is that the exemption in section 43 was engaged by the information however the public interest in disclosing the majority of the information overrides the public interest in maintaining the exemption. He also decided that the exemption in section 41 was partially applicable, however the public interest defence inherent in the common law of confidence also meant that a disclosure of the majority of the information would not be actionable in law. The exemption was not therefore engaged by this information. The Commissioner’s decision in this case is that the information should be disclosed to the complainant, with minor redactions.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 43 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions