From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50088735
- Date: 22 December 2009
- Public Authority: Cabinet Office
- Summary: The complainant requested information relating to Cabinet discussion of the Westland helicopter company in January 1986. The Cabinet Office confirmed that it held this information, but argued that it was exempt under section 35(1)(b) of the Act (formulation of government policy and ministerial communications). The Commissioner’s decision is that the requested information is exempt under section 35(1)(b) but that the balance of the public interest lies in favour of disclosure of some of the information. The Commissioner therefore requires the Cabinet Office to disclose some of the requested information to the complainant. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions