From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50086317
- Date: 5 October 2006
- Public Authority: HM Treasury
- Summary: On 3 February 2005 the complainant requested information as to the names and background of all candidates for the 2002 appointment of Governor of the Bank of England. The Treasury refused to disclose this information placing reliance upon the personal information exemption under section 40 Freedom of information Act upholding its decision on review. Upon considering a complaint dated 12 August 2005 the Commissioner upheld the decision to withhold the information as exempt under section 40 of the Act save for the information requested as to the background of the successful candidate Mr Mervyn King which was considered exempt from disclosure under the information reasonably accessible by other means exemption under section 21 of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 21 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions