From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
My FOI requests
- Common wdtk support responses
- How publication schemes could be improved
- Adapting WDTK for New Zealand
- Adapting WDTK for Ireland
Trying out Semantic Mediawiki stuff
- I installed the Semantic Bundle for Mediawiki to:
- host local non-PDF copies of the ICO & IT decision text & metadata. Google isn't allowed to spider the IT website decisions...
- be able to automatically re-use this data in other pages (eg the FOIA Exemption pages) using Functions
- now have a form to add in decisions: Form:DNSummaryBox
- and a category for them:
TODO (Apr 2010):
- Case Ref: FS50241186
- Date: 26/04/2010
- Public Authority: St Neots Town Council
- Summary: The complainant requested a copy of a report held by St Neots Town Council (“the Council”) concerning an incident in November 2007 in St Neots involving the Christmas light display. The Council provided a copy of the report with redactions and it also withheld all the appendices to the report. It stated that it wished to rely on the exemption under section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“the FOIA”) and it also referred to section 7(5) of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA”). During its internal review, the Council also cited section 41(1). It did not explain why any of the exemptions applied and it did not address the public interest test relevant to section 43(2). During the Information Commissioner’s (“the Commissioner”) investigation, the Council sought to rely on section 42(1) and section 43(2) of the FOIA. The Commissioner investigated and agreed that the withheld information was exempt under section 42(1) because it was covered by Legal Professional Privilege. He found that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighed the public interest in disclosing the information in all the circumstances of the case. He also found that the Council breached section 17(1), 17(1)(b), 17(1)(c) and 17(3)(b).
- Section of Act/EIR & Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld , FOI 42 - Complaint Not upheld
- View PDF of Decision Notice FS50241186 http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/decisionnotices/2010/fs_50241186.pdf
- Case Ref: FS50244267
- Date: 26/04/2010
- Public Authority: Richmond Adult Community College
- Summary: The complainant made a request to Richmond Adult Community College (the “College”) on 26 March 2009 for minutes of meetings for the year 2007. The College refused the request for information as it deemed the request vexatious under section 14 of the Act and furthermore stated that to comply with the request would exceed the cost limit under section 12 of the Act. The College took into account a series of events leading up to the request on 26 March 2009, and deemed this request vexatious under section 14(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the “Act”). The Commissioner has considered this request in the context and background in which it was made and has decided that the College correctly applied section 14(1) of the Act.
- Section of Act/EIR & Finding: FOI 14 - Complaint Not upheld
- View PDF of Decision Notice FS50244267 http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/decisionnotices/2010/fs_50244267.pdf
- Case Ref: FS50249189
- Date: 19/04/2010
- Public Authority: Derbyshire County Council
- Summary: The complainant requested the Council to answer a number of questions and to release information concerning his late mother’s care, which is held in his late mother’s social services records. The Council responded releasing copies of the deceased’s social services records with a number of redactions. It withheld information relating to the complainant’s brother and sisters, as it considered this information to be third party personal data. It also chose to withhold a number of documents under the Act, as it felt these documents were legally professionally privileged. Although no specific exemptions were cited by the Council, the Commissioner has considered whether sections 40(2) and 41(1) of the Act apply to the remaining information. The Commissioner concluded that the remaining information should be withheld under sections 40(2) and 41(1) of the Act.
- Section of Act/EIR & Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld , FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld , FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld
- View PDF of Decision Notice FS50249189 http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/decisionnotices/2010/fs_50249189.pdf