From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
My FOI requests
- Common wdtk support responses
- How publication schemes could be improved
- Adapting WDTK for New Zealand
- Adapting WDTK for Ireland
Trying out Semantic Mediawiki stuff
- I installed the Semantic Bundle for Mediawiki to:
- host local non-PDF copies of the ICO & IT decision text & metadata. Google isn't allowed to spider the IT website decisions...
- be able to automatically re-use this data in other pages (eg the FOIA Exemption pages) using Functions
- ICO decisions can now be directly linked to, eg:
- 30/04 - now have a form to add in decisions: Form:DNSummaryBox
- 30/04 - and a category for them: Category:ICO_Decision_Notice
- 01/05 - they're now all uploaded, but Special:ImportCSV doesn't seem to support importing multiple templates which means that only 1 decision has been added. may look to denormalise relationship between DN & 1-many Decisions, ie into single template.
- 01/05 - ick. re-generated all the ICO data as xml, but found a bug in ImportXml (due to way it implements php's xml_set_character_data_handler and it barfs on ampersands "&" in the XML....
- DNFindingLookup - page to hold DNFinding > DNSubFinding mappings to make searches easier
- 03/05 - more bugs found in the importxml - it skips long strings, £ signs, etc... Leaving it as it is for the time being (I've reported the bugs to the dev) - the only thing wrong with the ICO data loaded is the Summary text. All the rest is OK, so good enough for searches & display of the main case data on other screens.
- 05/05 - have discovered that CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE privilege required for SMW... Checking with hosting co if they can grant.
- TODO NOW
- TODO NEXT
- findings to be rolled up correctly in #ask search eg 14.1 > 14
- re-populate data to fix decision_summary truncated data
- include a source reference & link to copyright / re-use statement - do when re-import data via freetext on importxml
- TODO LATER
- Information Tribunal cases
- SIC cases
- Court of session cases
- Full text (ie non-PDF) of ICO cases
- links between appeals on foiwiki & their assoc WDTK requests, meta-requests
- links from appeals to WDTK requests made from non-related people asking for info released from decision, eg Ganesh, Matthew Davis, etc.
- template should be top-left aligned
- look to format template dates to dd/mm/yyyy rather than d M Y
- "partly upheld" (are there other non-standard ones? no) - add to infobox template & highlight as such