From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50145663
- Date: 11 September 2008
- Public Authority: Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Summary: The complainant requested information from the public authority relating to the number of notifications of replacement cattle ear tags received, broken down by manufacturer. The public authority provided some information but refused to release any information broken down to individual manufacturer level, citing the exemption at section 43 of the Act. During the course of the Commissioner’s investigation, the public authority further cited the exemption at section 41 of the Act. The Commissioner’s decision is that the public authority breached section 1 of the Act by inappropriately citing the exemptions at section 43 and 41. Accordingly, the Commissioner requires the public authority to disclose the information requested. In addition, the Commissioner considers that the authority breached the requirements of section 17 of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions