From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50094281
- Date: 17 May 2007
- Public Authority: Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Summary: The complainant requested access to information held by the Assistant Director of Environmental Services at the Council, regarding the Former Fuller Earthworks Site. Although the Council disclosed the information it held, the complainant remained dissatisfied with how the information had been presented and felt for this reason that the Council had not complied with the Act. The complainant requested the Council to resend the information but in a different format. As correspondence continued the Council agreed to reconsider the way the information was supplied and the possibility of resending the information in the manner the complainant required. The Council concluded that it was unwilling to comply with the complainant’s wishes as it would simply be resending the same information to that already provided. The Council informed the complainant that it had already supplied the information held and had therefore met its obligations under the Act. The Commissioner was asked to consider the case and he concluded that the Council had supplied the information it held and had therefore dealt with the complainant’s information request in accordance with section 1 of the Act. In respect of the way the information was communicated to the complainant, the Commissioner concluded that section 11 of the Act could not be applied in this case, as the complainant made no specific request to receive the information in a particular format at the time of making his initial request to the Council.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 11 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions