From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50088745
- Date: 29 July 2008
- Public Authority: Cabinet Office
- Summary: On 11 May 2005 the complainant wrote to the Cabinet Office to request disclosure of the minutes and agendas of all meetings between the then Prime Minister and his former strategy adviser Lord Birt dating from 1 January 2005 and a schedule of any such documents held. The Cabinet Office refused to disclose this information and upheld its decision upon internal review placing reliance upon the exemptions under sections 35 and 36 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (Formulation of Government Policy and Prejudice to Effective Conduct of Public Affairs). Upon considering a complaint dated 9 September 2005 the Commissioner upheld the decision of the Cabinet Office on the basis of the exemptions cited under sections 35 and 36 of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 36 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions