From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50082890
- Date: 4 May 2006
- Public Authority: Mid Devon District Council
- Summary: The complainant's request for a list of council houses was refused on the basis that, combined with other information which the complainant might possess or have access to (such as the Electoral Roll), the requested information was personal data of which the complainant was not the subject. It was argued by the council that disclosure would breach the data protection principles. The Commissioner agreed that the requested information constituted personal information but found that providing the list of properties was not sorted by the characteristics of tenants (such as 'asylum seeker' or 'ex-offender') there would be unlikely to be any unfairness to those tenants. The Commissioner therefore upheld the complaint.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions