From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50075271
- Date: 23 July 2007
- Public Authority: Cranfield University
- Summary: The complainant requested information concerning allegations made about the Vice Chancellor of the public authority and the subsequent investigation made into these allegations. The information requested was withheld under sections 36, 40, 41 and 42. Following the intervention of the Commissioner, some information was disclosed to the complainant. In relation to the remainder of the information, the Commissioner finds that sections 36 and 42 have been applied correctly. As sections 40 and 41 were applied to that information the Commissioner has concluded that it should be withheld under section 36, the Commissioner has not formed a conclusion in relation to these exemptions. The Commissioner also finds that the public authority failed to comply with the procedural requirements of section 17 when refusing the request, but that this breach does not necessitate remedial action. An appeal was made to the Tribunal but later withdrawn.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 36 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 42 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions