From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0126686
- Date: 21 July 2006
- Public Authority: Health Protection Agency (HPA)
- Summary: The complainant contracted Legionnaires’ Disease during a holiday at a hotel in Malta. He requested details of the Maltese investigation into the outbreak, which were held by the UK Health Protection Agency in its role as coordinator of EWGLINET, a network of countries collaborating in the surveillance and control of communicable diseases. The information was withheld on the grounds that the HPA had received it in confidence and under a contractual arrangement. However, the Commissioner considers the information is environmental and not exempt under the Environmental Information Regulations and so has ordered its release.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 5(1) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions