Special health and social care agency
- This is about Northern Ireland. The equivalent in England and Wales is a special health authority.
FOIA Schedule 1 Part III includes:
- 49 - A special agency established under Article 3 of the Health and Personal Social Services (Special Agencies)(Northern Ireland) Order 1990.
These bodies are established by order, and were named special health and social care agencies by the Health and Social Care (Reform) Act (Northern Ireland) 2009.
Such bodies include:
- Northern Ireland Guardian ad Litem Agency
- Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (established by SR 2004/62)
- Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service (Special Agency) (established by SR 1994/175)
A list of them appears each year in Public Bodies & Public Appointments Annual Report.