Institution of further education
- This page applies to Northern Ireland. For England and Wales see Further Education College. For Scotland see Institution in receipt of SFC funding.
FOIA Schedule I Part IV includes:
- 55 - (1) The governing body of—
- (2) In sub-paragraph (1) “governing body” has the meaning given by Article 30(3) of the Education and Libraries (Northern Ireland) Order 1993.
The 1997 Order defined an institution of further education as one recognised by the Department of Education, who are required to keep and publish a list of such institutions. These functions were transferred to the Department for Employment and Learning by SR 1999/481, and while their Web site doesn't have an explicit list of recognised institutions, it does have a list of colleges:
- Belfast Metropolitan College
- Northern Regional College
- North West Regional College
- Southern Regional College
- South Eastern Regional College
- South West College
DEL have confirmed that this is the complete list of recognised institutions.
WhatDoTheyKnow tag: fei