- Case Ref: FS5073382
- Date: 16 March 2009
- Public Authority: Chief Constable of West Yorkshire Police
- Summary: The complainant requested a copy of any reports prepared or received by West Yorkshire Police on issues of gun crime. West Yorkshire Police refused to provide the complainant with the information, explaining that it was exempt under sections 30, 40 and 41 of the Act. The Commissioner has investigated and found that section 41 is not engaged. The Commissioner found that section 30 is engaged for some of the withheld information and that the public interest favours maintaining the exemption. He also found that section 30 is not engaged for some of the information. The Commissioner found that section 40 is engaged where applied. The Commissioner requires the public authority to disclose the information found not to be exempt under sections 30 or 41, within 35 calendar days of this notice.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 30 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions