- Case Ref: FS50249189
- Date: 19 April 2010
- Public Authority: Derbyshire County Council
- Summary: The complainant requested the Council to answer a number of questions and to release information concerning his late mother’s care, which is held in his late mother’s social services records. The Council responded releasing copies of the deceased’s social services records with a number of redactions. It withheld information relating to the complainant’s brother and sisters, as it considered this information to be third party personal data. It also chose to withhold a number of documents under the Act, as it felt these documents were legally professionally privileged. Although no specific exemptions were cited by the Council, the Commissioner has considered whether sections 40(2) and 41(1) of the Act apply to the remaining information. The Commissioner concluded that the remaining information should be withheld under sections 40(2) and 41(1) of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions