From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50236990
- Date: 3 August 2009
- Public Authority: Holy Trinity Church of England Primary Scool
- Summary: The complainant requested the residential postcodes of all the Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School’s (the School) staff and pupils. The request was refused on the basis that the information constituted personal data. Section 40 was cited by the School as the reason for the refusal. The Commissioner has investigated and found that the information withheld is personal data and that disclosure would breach the first data protection principle and is therefore exempt under section 40(2) of the Act. However, the Commissioner has also decided that the School did not fulfil the requirements of section 17(1)(b) in that it did not fully cite the exemption it was seeking to rely upon.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions