- Case Ref: FS50234376
- Date: 10 November 2009
- Public Authority: Charity Commission
- Summary: The complainant made a request to the Charity Commission for details of correspondence it had entered into with the National Trust on a specific issue. The Charity Commission provided some information. However, it refused to provide any additional information on the basis that it was exempt under sections 40(2) and 41 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. As a result of the Commissioner’s investigation, the Charity Commission agreed to provide some further information to the complainant. The Commissioner has found that the public authority correctly applied section 41. However, it incorrectly applied section 40(2). He has therefore ordered disclosure of one element of the requested information. In addition, he has noted some procedural breaches of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions