From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50233972
- Date: 17 September 2009
- Public Authority: Hampshire Constabulary
- Summary: The complainant requested the details of complaints made about a named police officer. The public authority refused to confirm or deny whether it held information falling within the scope of this request and cited the exemption provided by section 40(5)(b)(i) and section 30(3). The Commissioner finds that confirmation or denial would disclose personal data and that the disclosure of this personal data would be in breach of the first data protection principle. The exemption provided by section 40(5)(b)(i) is, therefore, engaged and the public authority is not required to take any steps. However, the public authority did not comply with the requirements of section 17(1)(b) of the Act in not fully citing the exemption. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions