From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50232752
- Date: 12 August 2009
- Public Authority: Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Summary: The complainant made a request to Bath & North East Somerset Council (‘the Council’) for copies of a number of documents relating to a particular court case which had been heard in Bristol County Court. The Council refused to provide the information requested as it considered it was exempt from disclosure under section 32(1) of the Act. The Commissioner is satisfied that that all of the requested information is exempt by virtue of sections 32(1)(a) and 32(1)(b). However, the Commissioner finds that the Council breached section 1(1)(a) of the Act in failing to inform the complainant that some information relating to the request was not held, and section 17(1) for failing to specify in its refusal notice which subsection(s) of section 32(1) it was relying on.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 32 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions