From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50224829
- Date: 22 April 2009
- Public Authority: House of Commons
- Summary: The complainant requested correspondence and documentation regarding the House of Commons’ Register of Members’ Interests, with specific reference to rules governing the declaration or otherwise of overseas trips organised and funded by The British Council. The House of Commons withheld the information under section 34(1) of the Act. When the complainant brought the matter to the Commissioner, the Speaker of the House of Commons issued a certificate under section 34(3) of the Act, serving as conclusive evidence that the exemption is required to avoid an infringement of the privilege of the House of Commons. The Commissioner therefore concludes that the House of Commons is exempt from section 1(1)(b) for the purpose of this request and no further action is required.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 34 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions