- Case Ref: FS50213781
- Date: 22 December 2009
- Public Authority: Leicestershire County Council
- Summary: The complainant asked for access to all social work records regarding her father, who was deceased. Leicestershire County Council (“the Council”) refused to provide this information citing the exemptions under section 41(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“the FOIA”) and section 40(2). The Commissioner investigated and found that some of the information should have been refused under section 40(1) because it represented the complainant’s own personal data. However, in respect of the remaining information, the Commissioner agreed that section 41(1) and 40(2) had been correctly applied in this case. He also found breaches of section 17(1) and 17(c) of the FOIA. The Commissioner requires no steps to be taken.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions