From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50208056
- Date: 8 June 2009
- Public Authority: General Medical Council
- Summary: The complainant made a request to the GMC asking for further information regarding the Order of Conditions imposed by the Interim Orders Panel on a named doctor. The complainant was concerned that the named doctor was his GP and he required further details in order to make an informed decision as to whether he wished to remain on his list. After considering the case the Commissioner believes that this information was exempt from disclosure under section 40(2) by virtue of section 40(3)(a)(i).Therefore the Commissioner believes that the information should be withheld. The Commissioner has also decided that the GMC did not fulfil the requirements of section 17(1)(b) in that it did not fully cite the exemption it was seeking to rely upon.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions