From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50206188
- Date: 2 March 2009
- Public Authority: Veterinary Laboratories Agency
- Summary: The complaint requested from the Veterinary Laboratories Agency (VLA) a copy of a post-mortem carried out on piglets in a farm. The VLA refused to disclose the post-mortem stating that the information was exempt under section 40(2) ‘personal data’ and section 43 ‘commercial interests’ of the Act. In relation to section 43, VLA found that the public interest favoured maintaining the exemption. The Commissioner has investigated and found that the request should have been dealt with under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). However, he concluded that the information was exempt under exception 13(1) ‘personal data’. In failing to deal with the request under the correct legislation the VLA breached the requirements of regulation 14 of the EIR.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 43 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 14(3) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions