- Case Ref: FS50202067
- Date: 26 October 2009
- Public Authority: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Summary: The complainant asked to be provided with two category ‘A’ documents identified in the Report of the Inquiry into the export of Defence Equipment and Dual-Use Goods to Iraq and Related Prosecutions (the Scott Report), published in 1996. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) refused the complainant’s request, citing sections 41 and 38 of the Act as its reasons for withholding the two documents. The Commissioner finds that the requested information engages the exemption provided by section 41 and that the FCO was correct in its refusal of the request on that basis.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions