- Case Ref: FS50188864
- Date: 31 March 2009
- Public Authority: Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Summary: The complainant made a request for a number of pieces of information to the Higher Education Funding Council for England (the “HEFCE”). These requests related to the state of buildings on Universities’ estates; their functional suitability; the cost of reconditioning these buildings; and the size of each University’s estate. The HEFCE stated that it believed that this information was exempt from disclosure under section 41. After investigating the case the Commissioner decided that section 41 was not engaged, and the information should be disclosed. In failing to provide the information within 20 working days the HEFCE also acted in breach of section 10(1). Information Tribunal appeal number EA/2009/0036 dismissed.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions