From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50166779
- Date: 17 June 2009
- Public Authority: Greater Manchester Police
- Summary: The complainant asked Greater Manchester Police (GMP) for information concerning the disciplinary records of a former police officer, copies of two investigations where the officer was the subject and copies of the officer’s day book for a specified period. The police refused to supply the information in reliance on section 40(2) of the Act. In relation to the disciplinary records of the named officer and to the investigations into his conduct, the Commissioner has determined that GMP incorrectly applied section 40(2) of the Act. His decision is that GMP should have neither confirmed nor denied whether it held relevant information in reliance of section 40(5)(b)(i). The Commissioner also found that section 40(1) applied to some of the officer’s day book. The Commissioner’s decision is that GMP breached section 17(1) and section 17(1)(b) of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions