From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50163927
- Date: 8 January 2008
- Public Authority: Information Commissioner
- Summary: The complainant requested the job titles and wages of the five most senior staff members in the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO disclosed the job titles and salary bands to the complainant but refused to disclose the exact salary details under section 40(2) of the Act ‘personal data’. The Commissioner has investigated and found that the ICO was correct to withhold the exact salary details under section 40 as disclosure would breach the first data protection principles. The Commissioner also found that the refusal notice breached the requirements of section 17 of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions