From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50155425
- Date: 13 February 2008
- Public Authority: Surrey County Council
- Summary: The complainant requested information on the commission payments made by investment managers on behalf of Surrey County Council (“the Council”). The Council supplied the majority of the information requested however claimed that the information it had redacted was exempt on the basis that the exemptions in section 43(2) (commercial interests) and section 41 (information held in confidence) applied. The Commissioner's decision is that the exemption in section 43 was engaged by the information however the public interest in disclosing the majority of the information overrides the public interest in maintaining the exemption. He also decided that the exemption in section 41 was partially applicable, however the public interest defence inherent in the common law of confidence also meant that a disclosure of the majority of the information would not be actionable in law. The exemption was not therefore engaged by this information. The Commissioner’s decision in this case is that the Council has already provided the information to which the complainant is entitled and therefore it is not required to take any further steps in respect of this complaint.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 43 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions