From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50155116
- Date: 22 June 2009
- Public Authority: National Offender Management Service
- Summary: The complainant requested the legal advice sought by the Prison Service (The National Offender Management Service) concerning the calculation of daily rates of pay. The public authority withheld the requested information by virtue of section 42 of the Act, on the basis that it attracts legal professional privilege. The Commissioner is satisfied that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information and has therefore not ordered the requested information to be disclosed. The Commissioner finds that the public authority breached section 17(1) of the Act by failing to issue a refusal notice within the statutory time limit for complying with the request.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 42 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions