From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50142539
- Date: 26 June 2008
- Public Authority: De Montefort University
- Summary: The complainant requested information relating to the salaries of senior staff at the public authority. The public authority made limited disclosures within the scope of this request but withheld certain information which would identify individuals’ salaries. It argued that disclosure would be unfair and in contravention of the first principle of the Data Protection Act 1998. As such it was exempt under Section 40(2) of the Act. It argued that the information was also exempt under Sections 41 and 43 of the Act. The Commissioner has decided that all the withheld information is exempt under Section 40(2) of the Act. He has therefore not considered whether the other exemptions cited are also applicable. However, the Commissioner has found that the public authority failed to comply with a number of its procedural obligations under section 17 of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 40 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions