- Case Ref: FS50139606
- Date: 2 March 2010
- Public Authority: Ministry of Defence
- Summary: The complainant requested various pieces of information relating to communications between HRH The Prince of Wales and the public authority. The public authority withheld the relevant information held on the basis of the exemptions sections 37(1)(a) (Communications with the Royal Household), 40(2) (Personal data), and 41 (Information provided in confidence). The Commissioner finds that a substantial part of the relevant information was correctly withheld on the basis of the exemption at section 41, and the remainder was also correctly withheld on the basis of the exemption at section 37(1)(a). He however finds the public authority in breach of section 17(1) (late reliance on the exemption from the duty to confirm or deny if information is held) and 17(1)(b) (late reliance on an exemption from disclosure) of the Act.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: .pdf
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 37 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions