From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50133972
- Date: 20 September 2007
- Public Authority: Financial Services Authority
- Summary: The Complainant requested the letter sent by the FSA to Tony Blair following the Prime Minister’s speech of June 2005. The FSA refused to disclose the information under section 31 and 36 of the Act, in applying the public interest test the FSA concluded that the public interest lay in maintaining the exemption. The Commissioner investigated the FSA’s application of the exemptions and found that the exemption at section 31 of the Act was not engaged. The Commissioner found that the exemption at section 36 of the Act was engaged and that the public interest favoured maintaining the exemption.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 31 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 36 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions