From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50132936
- Date: 5 October 2006
- Public Authority: Office of Government Commerce
- Summary: This Decision Notice has been issued against the OGC following communications between the Commissioner, HM Treasury and the OGC, subsequent to which it has been accepted that the information requested by the complainant in the case of FS50083104 was in fact a request to the OGC and not HM Treasury. The Decision Notice issued against the Treasury in the case of FS50083104 has therefore now been withdrawn and the Commissioner substitutes this one against the OGC. This Decision Notice explains the reasoning behind the Commissioner’s decision.The complainant made a request to know the traffic light status awarded to Gateway Reviews of the Identity cards programme which had been carried out by the OGC. The OGC refused to provide the information on the grounds that it related to the formulation and development of government policy (s.35) and that disclosure would prejudice the exercise of the OGC’s audit functions (s.33).The Commissioner’s decision is that the public interest lies in the release of the information and that its release will not prejudice the exercise of the OGC’s audit functions.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 33 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions