From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50132101
- Date: 29 May 2008
- Public Authority: Civil Aviation Authority
- Summary: The complainant made a request for the names of the carriers and details of the investigation the public authority conducted in ten specific cases, and names of other carriers it was currently investigating for non-compliance with Council Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 which established common rules on compensation and assistance to air passengers. The public authority withheld the information requested by virtue of the exemption contained in section 30(1)(b) and also relied on the exemption contained in section 31(1)(g) if the Commissioner did not consider section 30(1)(b) engaged. After considering the case, the Commissioner concluded section 30(1)(b) is engaged. He has however ordered the disclosure of the names of the carriers and details of the investigation (subject to specific redactions) in the ten specific cases, because the public interest factors in favour of maintaining the exemption do not outweigh those in favour of disclosure.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 30 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 31 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions